Helping Hawaii Families Resolve Disputes
Family law involves some of the most emotionally charged legal issues. You are probably worried about your children and concerned about what the future the holds.
At the Honolulu law office of Naomi Hirayasu, we understand.
We have more than 25 years of experience guiding Hawaii families to positive solutions. Whether you are going through a divorce, seeking to adopt your stepchild, or working to establish a guardianship to protect an elderly family member or child, we will give you the compassionate representation you need.
Compassionate, Experienced Representation
Call 808-587-7700 or Contact Us Online
Our attorney — Naomi Hirayasu — grew up and went to law school in Hawaii. As a local lawyer, she knows the challenges faced by Hawaii’s families. Our firm takes a collaborative approach to family law. We encourage settlement as a means to resolve most of our clients’ legal concerns:
- Divorce — There are many issues that accompany the ending of a marriage. We will guide you through mediation and/or litigation, helping you reach agreements regarding every aspect of your divorce.
- Property division — We will help you divide real estate, businesses, retirement plans and pensions as well as other financial assets.
- Child custody and support — For many parents, child custody disputes are the most difficult to face. We will help you create custody and visitation plans that meet your children’s needs and protects your interests as a parent. We will also develop child support plans that reflect your family’s situation.
- Paternity disputes — We help parents determine paternity so that visitation and child support plans can be put in place.
- Adoption — We will guide you through the family court’s adoption process. As an adoptive parent, you will take on all of the physical and legal responsibility that biological parents have for their children.
- Guardianships — Children and incapacitated adult family members cannot take care of themselves. By establishing a guardianship, you can make important financial and personal decisions that are in their best interests.
- Conservatorships – When a minor or incapacitated elder needs assistance with their financial affairs, our office can assist you in seeking the court’s authorization for you to do so.
- Estate planning – Our office handles all types of estate planning and administration needs, including matters involving wills, living wills, powers of attorney, health care directives, trusts, property distribution, guardianships, conservatorships, beneficiaries, trustees and estate executors. We will help assure that your needs and those of your loved ones are taken care of on the legal front so that you can be confident your wishes will be carried out should anything happen to you.
- Probate law – If someone you care about has passed away, but did not take the time to plan his or her estate, then probate proceedings are in order. While in some cases these issues can be handled with minimal dispute, some families and loved ones have contentious issues arise with regard to how an individual’s estate is divided among beneficiaries. Documents may be unclear or multiple wills and trusts may exist. In many of these cases, individuals will have to deal with litigation, so make sure to have an experienced attorney on your side to help you through.
- We also handle real estate litigation and trust litigation.
Call 808-587-7700 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
Over the past two decades, we have represented military families, men and women from Hawaii, as well as people in other states and countries who have legal concerns in Hawaii. Every client has a unique situation, and we provide each family with creative solutions that are tailored to their individual needs.